Thursday, June 27, 2019

Semi-Annual Primary Care Visit Went Well Today

Sometimes I feel bad about feeling good. Today was one of those days. My labs and my heart and my lungs and other little tests he did were good. I love making that guy smile. So, the Rosuvostatin pulled my LDL way down and boosted the HDL up nicely; still a ways to go, but he is so happy with this improvement for sure, and with no side effects that I am aware of after six months. 

My A1C was a little elevated but still under 7 - and that was MY fault because I went a little wild with the post-Lent (no chocolate) after-Easter-candy-sales but I can get back on track. Everything else was good although they did the circulation test just before I left, so I don't know how that worked out. Anyhow, all in all, it's okay for now.

In fact, it's far better than the year I faced both a lumpectomy on my left front and a basal cell carcinoma on my right shoulder blade. That was tricky going. And it's better than when my arthritis in my knee was so bad I was on Vicodent, then down to Tylenol Arthritis. I haven't taken a pill for that in over a year now.

But in another way, I feel so bad for so many of my friends who are suffering, either personally or by feeling helpless while watching a loved one suffer. I'm well aware that this will happen oftener and oftener as we all age gently (or in many cases, not so gently) together.

My friends, those who are suffering themselves or for others, I feel so sad and wish I could do more than simply send up prayers, but you all know that at least I do that...

So, I go again later this year, after my next breast exam routines. I have referrals to call in appointments for both the ophthalmologist and the dermatologist along the way.

At least I know that the extra food prep, the changes in the foods I eat, and de-stressing in lots of ways, at least they are working at some level. And, since I am nothing if not practical, I do realize that even with all of this, none of us really knows our own expiration date. With that in mind, I will still enjoy some of life's treats but I will continue to try to balance those with healthier choices.
Rolling along...

No comments: