Thursday, February 7, 2019

Mixed Bag of Accomplishments Today


Strange mix of things done today, but a good mix, I think.

Weighed myself this morning and noticed I've lost 2 lbs since last time. I only do it maybe twice a month. I've been trying to keep to my "good" food routine which does help me not ever gain any back.

Walked a bit - for anyone not in our Park, you won't know that the Feb. issue of our newsletter is the last one we'll deliver, voluntarily, to each home in here. We have over 400 lots, We've been doing this for 28 years. Well, not me - but my personal team has been at it for 12 years! Anyhow, the time has come, for many reasons. We'll still do the newsletter but we'll leave copies in both the Clubhouse and the mail room, each month.
Anyhow, that means I no longer have a motivator for a 2-day a month walk. So I'm trying to get myself into walking from 3 to 6 days a week, just a little. I took my pedometer and did a "short loop" up and around the top half of my street - logged 1125, which I think, is about half a mile. No wind today, so it was a good day to begin.

Along the way, I took the time to mix a bath of yogurt smoothies. This batch, I tossed in the 2lb. plain yogurt, a PB (peanut butter) jar of frozen blueberries, 1/2 large can of crushed pineapple, and 1/2 can plain pumpkin (not pie filling) - I just used what I had in at the moment. It's pretty tasty and I've got 5 PB jars - froze a few, the rest in fridge.

My biggest project today was bagging and tagging more homeless charity crafting items. When I come home each Friday, I bring what I've done, and what the others have done/dropped-off. All too often, most of it ends up wherever I drop it - on the washer, on the floor inside the inner pantry door, in the big bedroom... but none of it into the big closet. So, every once in a while, I must gather and pack and count and document and tag... it takes me about an hour and it wears me out but in a good way. So I've got a few more ready. We'll make one more distribution this winter, and then no more until near Thanksgiving. During the spring and summer, we usually concentrate on babies and the VA, but we do for the homeless, if the mood strikes us, and just pack it for later.

Gonna shut down early... rolling along.

No comments: