Sunday, January 6, 2019

Special Thank You

We had very strong and steady rain last night for several hours, from around 9 through about 1 in the morning. I slept very lightly, wondering if we managed to patch the appropriate spot on the roof last month. Twice during the night, I made a bathroom stop, dropped a few kibbles off for the furry one, and found it hard to fall back asleep. I prayed, of course.

But faith is an odd thing. We can really believe in Him and his help. We can really believe in prayers being answered. But we are still human and there is still that little nagging background feeling of fear or worry or concern in our minds.

Happy to say that in the morning, after my gazillionth check of the former leak area in the pantry ceiling, all appeared to be dry. I really wanted to get up there and feel it, just to be sure, but I don't trust myself even on a 3-step stool these days.

Thank you, Sweet Lord Jesus, for hearing my prayers. Thank you for providing me with a low-cost fix last month. It's been over 3 years since my really major patch job. But these old coated roofs on older mobile homes are prone to this sort of thing. I am very very grateful. I promised you last night that I would post my thanks publicly, and I am doing just that.  Jesus, I trust in you!

No comments: