Saturday, November 24, 2018

Post-Thanksgiving Thoughts and Thanks

Lots of us give thanks this time of year. There are so many, many reasons for me to do so - some are serious, some are lighthearted.

Faith - I am very grateful for faith; without it, I would have surely crumbled long ago.

Silkie - I am so grateful for my current kitty - she might be overweight; she is still timid; but we have our routines and our own kind of affection; she is what I needed and still do.

Home - I am so grateful for this home. Even though it is old, and has faced some issues, it is basically very sound and it is paid for and for now, I can manage its upkeep.

Friends - My gratitude for friends is widespread and overwhelming; so many of them, so many who have helped in so many ways - there is no way to express that gratitude fully.

Finances - Tricky as these have been, cutting back on a lot of things, a LOT, helped me stay afloat. No contract TV; pre-paid flip phone for roadside emergencies only; DSL in lieu of higher speed internet and no wi-fi; food pantries and lots of food prep; takeout a rarity; and more...

Health - Much gratitude here and lots of it to do with my food choices and lifestyle changes, for early detection of early cancers, and more...

Transportation - A car that is better than the one that had me in a vicious circle of short term loan companies but with higher insurance; still, a real blessing.

Little Things - ...and lots of gratitude for so many little things - most especially, gratitude for my desire to "give back" in little ways - our park newsletter (my volunteer services), charity crafting efforts, and more...

Above all, I am grateful for the ability, when I draw on it, to say "No" to things which drain me of energy, which drain me of time, and for which there are other solutions in those cases.
Rolling along...

No comments: