Sunday, October 7, 2018

Thank You, Father, for the Fortitude and Stamina This Morning

I'm normally fine on the Sunday of our 3 day park wide yard sale. However, because I was in rapid-fire catch-the-stuff-while-it's-blowing-away action yesterday, and stressing a bit over the decision about future yard sales, I was both achy and tired and concerned when I got up.

I already knew I was not doing the sale today. I already knew I was going to bring back my lot-marker boxes with the bricks and pack all the stuff into 3 categories of containers and fold up the tables and set things fairly neatly out back.

However, I also already knew I just did NOT feel like doing that. I'd had it. I wanted it to stop. It was over. But it wasn't over just yet.

With a few sincere prayers while I fed the cat, heated my coffee, fed me, and so on (morning routines), I just plunged in. I decided to start and let the Lord keep me going.
Got it all done.

Thank you, Sweet Lord Jesus, for the fortitude and stamina to tear down the yard sale setup and not feel drained afterwards. You were in one of our bodies for, what, 33 years? You knew fatigue and you knew wanting things to just go away - you, yourself, prayed once for your burden to be lifted. Mine was so minor compared to yours and that's why I am so grateful that you took the time to help me. Thank you so much.

No comments: