Thursday, October 4, 2018

One More Day to Park Wide Yard Sale - Ongoing Prep

Every time we have one of these, I vow to prepare for a week or two in advance. Every time, without fail, for almost two decades, twice a year, those plans fail. This year I made it even worse by setting the dates one week after my newsletter crunch. All that said, this is the first and only day I have to get ready for it - this should be interesting.

Yesterday I had to run out, pay the rent, drop off yarn to one of our at-home charity crafters, and run to the bank for a "bank" for early shoppers who never seem to have "change." I had to also make sure to do a quick laundry load of things I won't have time to do on the weekend. I also found that the last of my food-pantry apples absolutely had to be cut, cored, diced and nuked because the one on top was a goner. I truly hate being responsible for food spoiling if I can help it. I made 3 two-cup containers of apples for the freezer.

In between, this week, I de-stressed occasionally with crochet and finished one more homeless scarf and worked a few rows on a lapghan for the VA folks. This weekend, while I am a captive on my driveway for the sale, I will work on some small projects so that they do not drag on the ground - typically I do baby jackets and scarves when outside.

Anyhow, today will be a hoot. I've just scooted through the house and emptied all that trash and then took both big trash buckets to the curb for today's pickup. Sometime around 8 or 9, I'll get into high gear. I'll bring out the 4 folding tables which I can usually carry two at a time, and also the little boxes with my space/lot number on them, from the shed. I'll put the boxes and one brick for each in the back of the car and early tomorrow morning, I'll place them in 3 spots to guide folks to my place.

Right after the shed, and before I forget, I'll set aside the stuff for my little chairside-table for the weekend, on the dryer, near the back door - paper & pen, crochet stuff, the balloons we put outside to draw attention to our home, etc. - if I don't do that, and check my list, I'm sure to forget something.
And THEN, hopefully long before Noon, I'll start roaming through the house, hunting and gathering for what to put out. With all good luck and God's blessing, I can stop before dinner.
Rolling along...

No comments: