Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Busy, Busy, Busy...Getting Ready for the Weekend

Haven't had chance to post. Barely finished the monthly newsletter and its delivery and I'm immediately into getting ready for this coming weekend's park wide yard sale. Normally I have a week in-between. Anyhow, in spite of being wasted after the 2 days' newsletter delivery, I did manage to get some little things done.

I did call in our ad for the sale to the newspaper and today I also posted it to Craigslist. I managed to grind a half peanut butter jar each of peanuts and walnuts which I add, a tablespoon each, when I have oatmeal every other day, and I made a yogurt smoothie batch which filled several peanut butter jars. When I am in high speed, if I don't have healthy food ready to grab and use, I will always take the easy way out and grab something that I pay for later - I do not want my labs to change for the worse.

Picked up the prep for next month's colonoscopy and, expecting heavy rains (which did not appear), I trimmed my wee little 7-year-old Sago Palm out front. Poor thing is still not knee high but after my last treatment with quickie-compost, it did make a growth spurt. This week, I had gathered some more produce peelings, eggshells and coffee grounds, and plopped them into the hole around the plant, covered them with soil I found in a planter pot in my shed, and waited for the Lord's sweet rain. Ended up pouring a gallon bottle of water on top - the main thing is, I did at least nourish it again.

Got to the store for the few things I could run out of on the weekend (cat kibble, milk, etc.). And today I managed to pack 3 big 13-gallon bags with recent hats, gloves and scarves for our upcoming delivery to our local homeless. That project takes time and labor. But it's done, bagged and tagged, and ready with 5 other big bags, for the weather down-turn when they need those things out on the street.

That wiped me out for a while but after a little rest, I made coffee for straight-through Sunday. Also made carrot/raisin/avocado salad that will last for a week. I've already got my veggie omelet pre-cooked and ready to nuke from tomorrow forward. When I am grabbing and boxing and carrying stuff out and down the steps to the back for the sale, I do not have the energy to cook. This time around, I have everything pretty much ready. Oh - I should make popcorn tomorrow...must write it down - will never remember in the morning -

Tomorrow I'll run over and pay the rent, and along the way, I'll drop off yarn I just bagged for one of our at-home charity crafters. That's when I'll also stop at the bank and pick up some mixed bills and change for the earliest shoppers... none of my stuff is high priced so that isn't a big deal, I just need to do it.

I'm tired and part of me does not want to deal with it this time around but I must. Tomorrow or Thursday I'll get the 4 folding tables out of the shed...
Rolling along...

No comments: