Saturday, October 6, 2018

End of my Yard Sale Days

The Heavenly Father has ultimate control over nature. Friends have reminded me of that online today. I've always known that and respected it.

I've also known and respected that he often sends me taps on the shoulder to catch my attention and help me make important decisions. When I ignore those taps, he often has to whack me on the head. That said, I want to acknowledge today's tap before I lose something valuable (break a costly yard sale item) or break a bone (chasing some silly yard sale item) because he's got to resort to that whack on the head.

I've also always known and said that I do not want to be one of those old ladies who do not acknowledge their limits. If I am too far past the point of handling these alone, then it's time to stop them. I've done them twice a year for 18 years. Whoa, girl!
I've told myself that doing them meant I was showing him that I was trying to help him to help me. Doing them meant I was de-cluttering, that I was also trying to bring in some income, and that I was trying to be active, so that he would help me.

Well, I've got to trust him on that income level. After all, he did help me get out of quite a few things here in the past few years - the roof leak, the broken pipes under the house, the broken dentures, and the vicious circle of short term loans to repair the former car. So long as I am not a foolish spender, he's got my back, I hope.

And I've got to trust him on the de-cluttering. I will simply keep on doing that, but I will sell what I can through our newsletter "personal" ads, I will give some to a family I know who can use some of it, and I will donate the rest. So long as I do not waste what can still be used, I am doing right by him, I hope.

And, lastly, I can be active in other ways. I can get back on that recumbent exercise bike, and I can walk once a day to our mailroom (or further), and de-cluttering makes me bend and stretch and lift and carry. So long as I try to do some of that each day, I am doing right by him, I hope.

Sweet Lord Jesus, please explain to the Father for me what I've just shared with my friends. I think I know that I am being guided to stop an activity that has served well for over a decade but is now not feasible. Please continue to guide me and to love me and to help me. In turn, I will continue to help others in whatever way I can...I trust in you.

No comments: