Thursday, July 5, 2018

I Did Something Incredibly Stupid

I went for my replacement set of upper and lower dentures on Wednesday the 27th, just over a week ago. When I went home, they sent me back with the broken lowers, which I tossed out right away. But I did something really stupid. The dentures they made for me felt so good on the way home that I foolishly tossed out the uppers, as well. The uppers did fit fine except they were a tad loose and required adhesive paste. They would have worked for a backup.

So now, with my appointment for adjustments not until a week from today, I am dealing with a really sore mouth in the upper area. Salt water rinses, which they recommended in case of soreness, soothe and toughen the gums. But that’s only until the next morning when I once again use the dentures.

Their office is closed tight this week - their entire staff is on vacation.

Meanwhile, the tenderness/soreness is only that - tender, sore. It hurts pretty much when eating. I think I will eat only soft mushy things for a few days until that visit. And, I think I will remove them most of the day. I am pretty much ready to just do a walk-in on Tuesday, rather than wait until a week from today... Monday, the first day after they re-open after being closed for a week, will be a zoo. No sense in doing that. But, yep, thinking I will just take a Guideposts or crocheting or both and just hie me hither and be there about an hour after they open and sit and wait. The worst that can happen is that they are not able to fit me it and I’ll go back the next day... but it’s possible they can squeeze me in - worth the effort...

Rolling along...

No comments: