Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Trying to Get Back to Normal

Now that our semi-annual park-wide-yard-sale is over, I’m trying to get back to normal, at least on some level.

Today I needed to finally sit down and fill in 2 sets of papers for some benefits I receive. There are close to a dozen pages for each set. Then there is the search for the required backup documentation.

That’s always fun. This time, they each asked for the same things - that was great. Plus both sets could be submitted at the same location - also great.

Somehow, I finished really fast today and decided to take them in and get it over with. Managed to get to their office by 1:30 and was home by 3:30 - that’s amazing - and, yep, great!
So those are done for the year.

There was nothing on my top fridge shelf to grab-and-go when I had a snack attack. Needed to toss some stuff up there. Took out a peanut butter jar each of frozen fresh strawberries, blueberries and wee apricot halves. Tossed all 3 into a bowl, smooshed them around, and then put that on the top shelf with a spoon. I love, love, love reaching in when I am hungry for something sweet and find I can grab real fruit instead of lapsing into old habits of candy and cookies.

I also tossed a couple of one-cup yogurt smoothies together, so they are ready for me, too.

There was something else - oh, right. Just before the yard sale, I had made a batch of Jello (2 sugar free boxes, different flavors, together). Half of that was left so I divided it into single servings of 1/4 cup each - that’s another thing that satisfies my sweet-tooth cravings if I’ve got it ready to grab.

Not a bad day - somewhat productive. That’s good.
Rolling along...

No comments: