Thursday, April 12, 2018

Taking a Quick Lunch Break in Yard Sale Prep Time

Ok. I had to get off my legs for a short while so it’s a good time for a quick lunch break. In the meantime, I got up at 5:30 and did a few things in addition to hunting/gathering for the yard sale.

Normally I put the trash bucket out night before pickup but the winds were so strong overnight, I took that out this morning. I made sure to change the litter pan and get that out there, too, so that her “bathroom” would be nice and clean this weekend when I know I’ll be too tired to do that bending, etc.  Also changed the round “scratcher” cardboard pad inside this round plastic thing that has a ball in its ring that she never plays with. Of course, she does use the scratcher pad to scratch - it’s the only kind she’ll use. And sometimes she sleeps with her head on it - go figure.

Along the way, so I’ll have “stuff” to grab over the weekend when food urges hit, I made a batch of Jello (2 small sugar-free boxes, together, to make a 32 oz tub of it).

I took a small container of crockpot kidney beans from the freezer (defrosted overnight) and a can of black beans and half a can of Rotel, and tossed it in the blender. Made 2 PB jars of a sort of “wet hummus” but I can add that to so many things and it is healthy and tasty and adds that “filled up feeling” to many things.

Took the time to make a batch of powdered milk. Ended up with 4 PB jars of that - 2 in fridge and 2 in freezer - no need to worry about milk for cereal over the weekend.

Then I pureed a can of sliced beets which I’ll add to some yogurt, again, for something to snack on over the weekend...

In the middle of these things, I hauled out my favorite little white plastic folding stool and used that to ransack my kitchen cupboards. Found tons of various sizes, shapes of dishes to use for microwave cooking. Found a really great HUGE cutting board, not the wooden ones, what is it, plastic? vinyl? rubber? - anyhow, I bleached that and that is going out, too. Plus one Oster breadmaker and 1 Magic Bullet setup.  Oh, and I gathered a gazillion place mats, some plastic/vinyl, some stitched plastic canvas, different themes.

I was amazed at what I gathered just from this morning’s expedition.

Will rest a bit and then look in one of the other rooms for more.

The wind has fizzled in my area from 50 mph gusts overnight to under 40 mph gusts, and that should go down later today.

Rolling along...

No comments: