Monday, March 12, 2018

Tried to Make up For Yesterday’s Inactivity

Yesterday I was totally unproductive. I honestly think there are times the Good Lord smacks me on the head and says, “Stop, already!” So I did.

But today, I needed to get going. It wasn’t anything big or heavy or deep or awful. It was just a whole lot of little things that I kept needing to push aside.

I started out early for an ATM to draw out cash to top up cell phone, then off to 7-11 to top up. From there, I stopped at the smallest of the monthly food pantries and came back home. Took out the frozen battered fish filets and baked 5 of them in the toaster oven for the next few days. 

Along the way, in between things, I tried a new cat toy pattern for a neighbor’s girls. They are 16 and sisters and those little smoke-colored beauties are my “testers.” I made 2 Catnip Catfish Toys for them and 2 for Silkie. Took photos before the cats took them over. I had been forgetting to turn over the corrugated circle insert in Silkie’s round cat scratch pad with the white ball that she ignores. She does use that scratch thing, though - she just loves that.

I also took a can of black beans and pureed them and put the sauce into a peanut butter jar in the fridge. I add that to various things for flavor, for texture, whatever, along the way. I finally, finally got the 2 pounds of strawberries and trimmed them and packed them, too. Thankfully, I did it before any of them were ruined.

My AC/Heater filters were overdue for changing so I changed those, too. Took the 2 test-fishies over to my neighbors for their girls - they gave them a big high-five! And because the Three Square food truck is coming into the Park tomorrow, I loaded my folding shopping cart into the Saturn for the morning. They often give us 24 little bottles of water and I have a hard time carrying those - they always feel so floppy and unwieldy for me - the shopping cart’s great.

Tomorrow and the rest of the week are spoken for in various ways, and I really am happy to look back and see that at least I got a few things done today.

Rolling along...

No comments: