Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Getting Through a Busy and Sad Morning


Some days, I look back and wonder how I got through that day. This was one of those. It wasn’t my worst day at all. But it was very heavy until after 1. 

I had to get in very early for a blood test so that I could be out and back home in time to be picked up for a lumpectomy check up. Meanwhile, on my way past a neighbor’s when I was leaving at 6 a.m. for the blood test, I confirmed my fears that his papers were accumulating and I needed to have either our Park Manager or the police do a “wellness check,” the polite term for checking on whether someone needs lifesaving help or the coroner. 

I did not have time at that moment, but as soon as I got back at 8, I called the manager who asked that I call the police. I did that between bites of a rapid fire breakfast so that I could be done and ready to talk to the police and also be ready for my 10 a.m. ride to the surgeon’s office. The police gained access to my friend’s home and verified what we pretty much expected. They said he was in his bedroom and that told us that hopefully, he passed peacefully in his sleep.

By the time I got back home, close to 1 p.m., I was definitely ready to call it a day. I took care of the everyday things: trash bucket to curb for tomorrow’s pickup, meals, kitty duty, litter change, and I ended with tossing a pork chili into the crock pot for overnight cooking.

Earlier, at the surgeon’s office, I was hoping and praying that the earlier visit for the blood test followed quickly by the police and fast breakfast and learning that a friend had passed would not scoot my blood pressure up but it was good. I don’t see her again until June. There will be twice a year mammo’s, etc.

I still don’t know how I got everything done and in decent order today. Well, yes, I do know - it was only with faith and trust in you-know-who.

Sweet Lord Jesus, thank you for holding me up and holding my hand through a morning that was a bit scattered as well as sad. Thank you so much.

1 comment:

MY MUSINGS said...

Yes, that was a very busy and sad morning for sure! Hope you are okay? I appreciated that you give the LORD credit for your strength! He is my strength also! Hugs~