Friday, December 22, 2017

Asking for Prayers for a Friend

After I come back this morning from the follow-up lumpectomy and lymph biopsy (hoping that goes well), I’ll be watching for some friends from 60 miles away to cruise through and stop. They’re the ones who have what they call a “garden” and considering how much they bring my way, I tend to think of as their “farm.”

She does need prayers, though. She is running into lots of confusion as to whether or not she is in renal failure. They must travel that distance to come here for all their medical needs. Today, finally, she is seeing someone she truly trusts and hopes to get real answers. Does she, or doesn’t she have kidney problems, and if so, how bad, and what can be done? Or, was that first mention of it in error?

In the midst of this couple's worries and concerns, they are stopping here. Can you believe it? In all that turmoil and travel, they are bringing me some of the last yield from their “garden.” I know there are a few fresh eggplants (know what I’ll be cooking tomorrow?), fresh string beans and snow peas (into a soup pot soon as can be), teeny tiny cherry tomatoes, and more.

I love giving them hanging towels and other things I’ve made but this season, all the back-and-forth medical visits cut into my time. I’m way off on those things.

Still, it is always good to see these people. They love each other so much.

Sweet Lord Jesus, please bless this couple on their way today. Please look toward their medical team and help them sort out the correct diagnosis and answers. Thank you for this food bounty they bring. And please, bless them, and anyone who prays for them and others, abundantly!

No comments: