Saturday, November 18, 2017

Reminders of My Faith All Around Me

I had to run out early this morning, dropping yarn at one gal’s porch and some very meager, but I hope, helpful, groceries at another. Along the way, in the dawning all around me at 6 a.m., I was reminded yet again that there are reminders of my faith all around me.

This morning, the light was hitting all of the surrounding mountains. Las Vegas is in a valley. Mountain ranges seem to encircle us. When the light hits a certain way, at a certain time of day, it is incredibly beautiful. Over and over, the words from America The Beautiful sang in my head: “For purple mountain majesties.” They were a glorious soft mauve-like soothing tone. They were majestic and royal. And thrills ran through me. Even as I am typing this, I have shivers of goosebumps.

It is a sight I see often in this area I now call home. I hope and pray I won’t be called to leave here but always in my mind, I will have these memories, this sight.

Reminders of the creator who created it all. That’s where the faith kicks in. I realize he created the sky itself, with the sun and the moon and the clouds and the angles of the rays upon those mountains. He created the mountains themselves, in all their majesty, their height, their strong protective beauty.

Father in Heaven, thank you!

No comments: