Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Yarn Stash Issues and Possible Solution

My yarn stash is all over this archaeological dig I call my home. I really must get it organized and under control. The only thing I do know for sure is which yarn is mine and which yarn is yarn donated for the charity projects. But both stashes are spread all over in here.

I did take one positive approach about a week ago. I decided that it made sense to begin using up the charity yarn by bulk. I figure if I use up the bulky and super bulky first (scarves for the homeless), the piles would noticeably dwindle and I could slowly deal with the rest.

My only problem is that because it is not corralled by weight, I have to search bags for matching weights. So, if I pick up some super bulky and begin a scarf but it’s not enough for a long enough scarf, I must root through a few bags looking for another ball/skein of the same weight.

My goal for the end of this year is to at least have it all into two groups: mine and theirs. And then have those groups in groups: fingering, sport, worsted, etc., etc., etc.

We shall see how that works out...

No comments: