Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Prayers Answered, of Different Types

Because I have not heard of any injuries, I believe our prayers were answered for some folks I worried about in Florida and I am so grateful. There were lots of troubles, inconveniences, but no severe or fatal bodily damage.

I’m not sure yet about that friend’s aunt in Texas - still concerned about her.

Also, I had been praying, privately, about a concern of my own but it was nothing compared with Irma and Harvey, so I didn’t publicly mention this. I had a podiatry appointment today. I almost canceled several times. I have a few toenails that are curling side to side, trapping flesh in the tunnel they create. I was terrified that the nail would need to be yanked. Here I am, a grown up - I felt so silly being afraid of this. But, gee whiz, folks, toes can hurt. Ever stub even just your pinky toe? You know what I mean, then.

I booked the visit because at 78, I had to admit it was extremely risky and difficult for me to cut my own toenails these days. It was time to get a pro to do that.

So when I was on the table/chair, and the podiatry assistant asked me if I was on blood thinners while she held an implement in her hands, I asked, very quietly, “Why, are you going to make me bleed?” She laughed and said, “No, but I’m required to ask that.”

It went so well I felt such relief. I am so happy that I did not cancel. I can do 4 visits a year, insurance covered, no co-pays involved.

Now, does anyone know how to retard nail growth so that the timing works out?

Lord Jesus, thank you for protecting those we know and love during weather emergencies, and for protecting your wimpy little child and calming her wimpy little fears. 

No comments: