Saturday, September 2, 2017

Exhausted But Okay

It is now almost 11:30 a.m. and I've been "going" since 5 a.m. and I am ready to stop.

This is my morning to deliver half my newsletter route in our senior mobile home community. I usually do 1/2 this morning, very early, and 1/2 tomorrow morning very early. Normally this one should only take me 3/4 hour but this morning, it took me twice that long, 1-1/2 hours, due to stiff legs and achy knees. Normally I do not have these issues any longer because of healthier foods and habits but I think it’s because I have been in and out and up and down stairs many many times the past month or so for several reasons. For that reason, I did like the chance to make those legs walk upright at a gentle steady pace.

By the time I finished at 7:30, the sun had been already beating down on me for at least half an hour. I came in, freshened up, and ran out to the store quick (litter and one or two other things), and headed to Denny’s for my birthday Grand Slam breakfast freebie. No way I was going to miss that! 

Had to make sure I had enough for a tip but this year, for my freebie tips, I decided to be “cute” and fold some dollar bills into my dollar bill shirts (I tuck them into little baggies with labels that say “Genuine BUCK-skin Shirt - Made in the U.S.A.). They really get a kick out of those. I can’t fold any other kind of money thingie - I’ve tried rings, Christmas trees - my dollar shirts look best.

Anyhow, I came home (brought half my pancakes with me, froze that) and dealt with the litter. I ended up with a 21# bag which is almost as tall as I am. I plopped that puppy on a folding stool and divided it into a bunch of equal-sized tubs/buckets and I get 3 changes from that. Did one change while I was still upright, put the rest into closet for rest of September and half of October.

Then I showered and my body really really thanked me.

I even have a piece of birthday cake in here. Yesterday at our charity crafter’s session, the only member there just about since we began, Louise, brought over a little cake; she even gave some to our park staff, and I had a small piece left to bring home. It’s calling me now. Thanks, Louise!

Now, my friends, I’m headed over to Facebook to say some Thank You’s because it looks like some of you are being ever so sweet and wishing me a happy day - love you! Hugs.

No comments: