Monday, May 8, 2017

Lab Results - Prayers Answered

Not all my prayers and concerns are posted. I went for my annual labs on Monday at 6 a.m., a week ago. I’ve been haunting my online account with my HMO daily, waiting for them to post the results.

You all know how hard I’ve been working, watching the majority of what I eat, trying to keep myself healthy. I’ve tried to balance the good foods I’ve adopted into my meals with the junk food I love. Along the way, I’ve been praying and praying that I am on the right track. I’ve been praying hard that I will not need any new meds. The only one I am on, even though I’m 77, is a low-grade blood pressure prescription.

This morning, I saw the results. Now I am waiting for my PCP to get back to me. I know I made him smile. I do so love to make that man smile.

Here’s a table of the most important categories. These are the ones I watch most closely.


2/7/15
10/1/15
3/22/16
5/1/17
Cholesterol
243
238
231
208
HDL
49
46
41
49
Triglycerides
237
225
262
155
Sugar
6.6
6.6
6.7 (117)
6.3 (102)

Lord Jesus, thank you for hearing my prayers on this one. At least I know now that I am on the right track. Thank you for guiding me towards the best choices even though I often slip into junk food. Please continue to help me stay on track.

No comments: