Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Putting a Little of the Spiritual into Commercial Lent/Easter - DIYs

Nobody loves marshmallow peeps and ducks and even gummy jelly beans more than I do. However, Lent and Easter is not all about candy in an Easter basket, nor is it about toys. Somewhere along the way, most of us really want to include something spiritual.

Through the years, I’ve slowly accumulated a lot of Lent and Easter DIY ideas. I gathered them all onto one Pinterest board.

For those of you who want to make sure the little ones in your life get the meaning of this season, take a look at all the great ideas,here, at this link.

Now, you have to understand - a lot of these ideas are for kids and church groups, but I pinned things that I, myself, would really like to make and would find interesting and fun to make.

I am not sure whether you can view them if you are not a Pinterest member. I must find out about that.

What type of DIYs are there? Everything from food and snack ideas to craft-y but easy projects. Most are easily adaptable to tucking into Easter baskets.

What I love most about Pinterest is that it is like a visual-bookmark system. It is so easy to scroll through the photos and decide which links to click on.

Some pins include dozens of ideas at one URL.

There are several places which show how to make things like crosses and the Christian ichthus (fish) symbol and more, with Palm Sunday palm.

Enjoy the satisfaction and fulfillment of really participating in the coming Lenten and Easter season.

Sweet Lord Jesus, you suffered so much for us all those years ago. Help me to remember why you went through all that pain. Help me to focus this Lenten season on your love and sacrifice.

No comments: