Thursday, December 29, 2016

Trying To Get Back to Pre-Holiday Normal

Well, hopefully, I can slowly, or quickly, get back into some pre-holiday routines.

Things sort of went off-kilter and out-of-whack. Between computer breakdowns, the water rationing, trying to make holiday token gifts, and other issues, the past two weeks, especially, have been totally non-routine.

For example, for the second half of the year, I have been very excited about my Swagbucks earnings and activities. It really came in handy. Between groceries, cat food and supplies, and gas for the car (plus some other things), I began to rely on it. Then came the computer crash and a week-long delay in revving up my points. 

Then the holidays and my gift-make-it stage, and the usual newsletter production. So for the past two weeks, my balance was used and way down. I finally began getting into the activities yesterday, and am happily watching the points grow once more. It might take a couple weeks to get back up to where I can really do something, but at least I began.

My de-cluttering efforts took a big hit, too.

In fact, almost everything, that I felt I was making progress on, sort of stopped.

Many of my friends must know exactly what I mean even though our activities are different. Some went into holiday baking frenzies, others into gift-making frenzies, and some into hosting family and friends. Of course, there are some who were tied up with all three!

So it’s time for me, at least, to get back on that horse called “normal” and try to remember what that word once meant.

No comments: