Saturday, October 8, 2016

Be Careful What You Pray For

This is something I always heard when I was growing up back in the 40s and 50s. And it turns out to be a very wise piece of advice.

For the past year or two, I've prayed for something to help motivate me to do a bit more decluttering than I manage to manage.

Now I find out that when they do the complete re-piping of the incoming water lines beneath my old mobile home, they will need to remove a panel or two on one or two walls to complete the job. Apparently, to do it properly, they need to also replace the pipes going up from that incoming line, all the way to the connectors beneath sinks, etc. because those pipes are just as old.

This means that I've got to clear, when that time comes, the stuff from in front of one portion of the master bedroom wall, for sure, and possibly another area or two.

Because I do not have the funds right now, it is not a rush job, but it definitely motivates me to get going on this, and as soon as possible. I know from past experience that when God answers prayers, it is often in a surprising and quick fashion.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the motivation. I appreciate the help but I will be very careful about my phrasing from here on in. Thanks again.

No comments: