Friday, September 2, 2016

The Past, Present and Future

I was thinking tonight about the past, the present and the future.

At 77, I have lost more friends and loved ones than I care to dwell upon. Yet each one left sweet memories in my mind and in my heart.

I have had more troubles than I had ever expected, but I found my way through them with faith, and found many to be blessings in disguise.

I had many dreams and goals that were never realized or reached, yet I accomplished much more than I could ever have imagined.

I have less than many but more than most.

The past was the past, and I learned from it. I treasure much of it. I look back on some of it to keep myself on the right track.

The present is not bad at all.

I might not be the 150 lbs that I was when I got to NV in '94 but I'm 20 lbs lighter than I was 2 years ago.

I might not be able to complete an entire shift of work these days, on site, but I can still do crafts and other things.

I might limp a little, but I can walk most places without my quad cane or a walker.

The future? My income needs a boost and I am extremely excited about kick-starting my former free lance writing career. I will keep it to my current comfort level, and concentrate on sharing information and experiences, humor (one of my loves), and will work on developing a new avenue for me: devotional writing.

Not a bad view in sight from where I sit - not bad at all.

Sweet Jesus, thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for guiding me in the right direction and for helping me always to be grateful for today and to look forward to tomorrow.

No comments: