Thursday, August 18, 2016

Moving Along, Gently

Things are moving along ever so gently, and I am keeping myself gently busy so that I do not dwell on negative matters.

There were two issues today, though. They weren't disasters or anything like that. I suppose they were more annoying and inconvenient than troublesome.

One dealt with my non-smart-cell-phone. For the low amount I top up each month, I get 400 calls and 50 text messages. That's more than enough for my needs. I do text two people, in particular, from time to time. But lately, the past couple of weeks, I haven't been getting any in return. And one of those folks said she never got the last two I sent, and she sent me return texts, neither of which I got. The second text set was yesterday and my friend called today and I decided to check on it online. I've had Virgin Mobile for over 11 years, and this is only the 2nd time I've ever had any trouble.

When I checked my account, it appears to show that the last time I topped up, almost a month ago, it reverted to an earlier plan which only covered calls, not texts. At least now I had something to work with and I submitted a trouble ticket. They will get back to me tomorrow. But for weeks, I thought these two friends were ignoring me, and vice versa.

The other situation involved the charity that was supposed to pick up the boxes of books I packed this week. They are very heavy. By 4:50 p.m., I was on the phone asking why they were still there. She said they were still out and should be there. By 8 p.m., I somehow managed to carry the boxes to the back area of my driveway. I left a message with them for tomorrow, that if they are not picked up tomorrow and I have to carry them back and forth again, I don't think I can gather things for them any longer. I'm in reasonably good shape, but not that good.

Everything else moved along. I've got food in the fridge, food for Silkie and litter for a change this weekend, a little gas in the car, and life is not as bad for me as it is for those on the streets.

I cannot deny that I am sheltered and blessed.

Sweet Jesus, as you pointed out, the lilies of the field are blessed, as well. I am very grateful for all that I have, all that I learn each day about how to handle troubles, and for what you did for us. After all, hot as it is here, I do not have to travel in sandals and bare feet over hot sand, without indoor plumbing, without air conditioning - you didn't have a car, tv, or even electricity. How can any of us really complain? Thank you, so much, for watching over me.

No comments: