Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Adding Ice Cubes to Drinks Without Splashing

Sometimes when I pour my percolated coffee into my tall thermal cup, it still gets cool before I finish it. I often decide to convert it quickly to iced coffee. I don't know how many times I have set the cup on the edge of the opened fridge-freezer door, reached in, plopped in a few cubes, and then spent time blotting up the coffee splashes.

I've also had times when I added them to water or other drinks, only to, once again, splash.

I have finally developed what I call the Plinko method. If you've ever watched The Price is Right, you know Plinko and how they slide the chips against the flatness of the game board to let them slide gently downward. Hey, it works really well with ice cubes!

Now I just drop (I mean, slide) them, one at a time, from the lip of the glass/mug/whatever, against the side, and let them slip gently into the beverage.

Simple - but here I am at 76 only now discovering that!

No comments: