Thursday, January 21, 2016

Our 2015 Distribution Totals are Coming





It's that time of year again, the one I love, when it comes to our little charity crafting group. We are only a small bunch of seniors. We've been down to 2 at one time, and up to 7 (maybe 8) another time. Mostly, we average 3 to 5. Some are "invisible," meaning they do not join us on Friday mornings in our senior mobile home park clubhouse. Instead, they work on their projects at home and drop things off to us when they have a bunch to make it worth the drop.

Once a year I gather the totals and mention it in our park newsletter and here on the blog. 

We are always completely surprised at what we manage to make. We work with donated yarn. Almost seven years ago, we began with our leftover yarn and quickly used that up. Then we worked with purchases from thrift shops, Craigslist, and other sources. Nowadays, we're blessed with donations of yarn at just the right time - that, too, surprises (and delights) us.

Since I am working on the February newsletter this weekend, getting it ready for my proofreaders, I will be gathering my "counts" from the year past.

I can't wait to see our totals. 
We did not have a big group but each person in our group has a big heart and happy hands. 

Watch for it...

No comments: