Monday, September 7, 2015

Me, Myself and I



I unexpectedly said something to worry a cyber-friend of mine today. 

Here's what I wrote back, in case any of you wonder how I am doing.

"So far, so good. Scheduled for a regular primary care checkup on 9/30 which he likes to do every six months but I end up getting there once a year (lol). Getting a blood test, prior to that, next week. Been watching all my carbs, cholesterol, etc., and hoping to still be able to stay off any meds except that for arthritis pain (and that is only "as needed.").

And, because of my colon cancer severity back in '99/'00, I get a colonscopy every 3 to 5 years - I see the gastroenterologist on the 16th to schedule that.

I still do my regular charity crafting, my monthly newsletter for the park, and other stuff."

I followed up with this:

"Health is more important to me than financial comfort - I can skimp on many things and still enjoy a happy life here in this senior mobile home community, among friends I've made since '01; but when I see how some friends are struggling, health-wise, my heart aches for them. 

Nothing on this earth can guarantee I will remain healthy just because I am eating properly - I could walk out the door tomorrow and get slaughtered by a piece of falling space debris, so I'm not silly enough to think that I'm in control - I am just trying (many decades late, I admit) to take care of this body He gave me on loan..."

Father, thank you for being patient with me while I try to fix some of the things I have done to this body you gifted to me. I know I cannot make up for all my past mistakes. But I am truly grateful that I have a chance to change some bad patterns in my life. Please continue to guide me along the way.

No comments: