Saturday, August 15, 2015

What a Fun Evening



I felt like I hit the jackpot this evening. 

Our PBS station is having a pledge night and I hadn't realized it until I was channel surfing. I am on indoor antenna these days so I often find that some channels work one day but not the next. This causes me to channel surf a lot - this is often accompanied by antenna knob twisting and other adjustments. But it works for me for now.

Pledge night is a treat for me. Tonight, I tossed in a VCR tape and caught two hours of oldies. It was great to catch Frankie Laine, Rosemary Clooney, Perry Como, and others.

When that was over, I was going to turn off the set and come in here to the PC when I noticed they began another show featuring Motown favorites. Okay. Popped in another tape. That one's recording while I am posting.

I just checked the schedule for tonight, and after this one, I'll tape the one featuring tunes and performers of the 60s and 70s focusing on slow music. I'll pass on Pink Floyd for now. 

So, one day when I need a real lift, I'll grab one, or all three, and toss them in and sing in here to my heart's content. Silkie won't mind if I'm off key - when I sing, if she's nearby, she feels the vibrations and she thinks I'm purring. Maybe I am.

No comments: