Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Putting My Words into Actions



It has been on my mind all day that I needed to write this post. I’m not sure why. But often I do these just to ease my own mind, to set things right in my own head.

Early on, words from a hymn rang in my head, and stayed there off and on all day. The words are “…and they will know we are Christians by our love, by our love….”

Later, I read one of my daily devotional emails – I subscribe to a few and they are short and sweet. Often the messages are exactly what I need that day. One of them today mentioned how gossip affects others, and how it affects the one who speaks or spreads it as well. 

Between those two thoughts, I began remembering how often I’ve felt that we can do far more good by our actions than by our words. Preaching is all well and good. Words are good in their way and at the right time. But actions do truly speak louder, and more profoundly.

Still, as a human, I find it hard to always remember to act the way I often say I think and believe.
I have a very long way to go before my actions are what I would love them to be.

Sweet Jesus, bless me please, with all the grace I need to give good example simply by my own actions. Help me remember to judge less; help me remember to say nothing that does not reflect what you yourself would say; and more than anything else, help me to let my actions reflect your teachings.  

No comments: