Monday, January 19, 2015

My Friend Seems to be Going to Make It



Yesterday I posted my worries about a dear friend and neighbor who was just taken with pneumonia. I didn’t really ask for prayers this time - I was so worried that I just posted my concerns, to get them off my chest and help me sleep better.

Several of you emailed me or FB-posted or messaged me saying that you were offering up prayers, without my even asking.

You are amazing.

I had to get my car’s passenger-side mirror replaced this morning and immediately after that, I stopped at the hospital. I haven’t visited anyone in the hospital since I lost a dear friend back in ’09. I was thrilled to find that she has now been admitted to a room. When they told me that I could visit right away, that alone told me that she wasn’t in isolation and was better than two days ago. 

Her doctor came in while I was visiting and after checking her, said she would likely go home very soon. She and I conferred and agreed we assumed that was Wednesday. She has bi-lateral (double) pneumonia. She was eating breakfast when I got there, and it was the first food she’d eaten in two days, another plus.

However, she will be weak when she gets home. We don’t want a relapse, so I will re-schedule my cataract surgery. Another week or two will not hurt me - I love the results of the first eye, and cannot wait for the second, but it will not delay it for long. I’ll be calling about that in the morning.

So, my friends, and you certainly are good friends for praying without my asking, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sweet Jesus, thank you for the healing and progress with my dear friend’s illness. And Father in Heaven, thank you for my friends in faith - I am so grateful for those you have lovingly placed on my life’s path.  

No comments: