Friday, October 17, 2014

How Do I Get Into These Messes - My Neighbor is Scaring Me

My next-door neighbor here in the mobile home park was banging on my back door about an hour ago. He wanted his “stuff” back. I asked what he was talking ahout. He said I had taken his gun and his cell phone. I couldn’t convince him otherwise. He tore off in his truck with the intention of going to the Police station.

I became very frightened. I take a measly $12 a week to go play Bingo with a friend. My car will be here because she drives over. I was afraid to leave for fear the police would come while I was gone, think I was refusing to answer the door, and break in with a warrant and tear my home apart, letting the cat out alone.
I finally decided to call the Police myself and ask what to expect. They did say it doesn’t work that way, and not that fast. He is in his rights to file a report, but she said they are backlogged and most likely I’d eventually get a phone call or a visit at the house from them.

I helped this man two years ago when he broke his hip. He called me and I went over, got the EMTs to come, and visited him in the hospital and in rehab. He gave me his key and use of his truck so I wouldn’t use my gas, and I picked up his mail and brought him clean underwear and such. He says the gun was in that closet and that I saw it. Shoot, I just grabbed the underwear and left. 

I guess I’m okay to go out for an hour or two tonight, but I am still worried. I know he has some “issues.” They told me that if he persists, and I am in fear for my safety, if he comes over again, I can call 911. If it just seems bothersome, I should call the regular police line. 

Mostly, he is a decent guy. But if he has “flipped,” or had an episode, and is focusing on me, I must be careful. Back then, he had me keep his key in case he ever fell again and EMTs could get in. When I told him that I still had it, he told me to throw it away because he just changed his locks. 

Back then, I had his daughter’s FB page and her email, I think. I really doubt I can find it again, but I need to try because the family needs to know he might need help.

Meanwhile, how do I get into these things? (sigh) 

No comments: