Saturday, October 18, 2014

Finishing Order Today to Cover a Few More BIlls



I was blessed with some help on some of my bills, but this month, I must still pay the piper. In my case, that means 2 loans and a small bill, plus rest-of-the-month food for me and kitty. Thankfully, my crochet skills will bring in enough to cover the small bill and one loan on Monday.

I’m finishing a fun order. For me, a fun order involves pattern, medium, and level of expertise. This order included a baby blanket which I finished yesterday and 8 pairs of crocheted slippers, which I’m finishing today.

The baby blanket is crocheted in the ripple stitch. It is fun because I have used it for many years and I love doing the ripple. I can vary it many ways - dc, hdc, or sc; in both loops or in front loop or back loop only, and the design happens when I vary the colors of the rows. I can make narrow alternating stripes or wide bands of related colors, or all one color. This one is double crochet in back loop, in 3 different shades of pink, each time alternating with winter white. I’ve got to take a photo of it, if I remember.

The slippers are 4 pairs for women, 2 pairs for teens, and 2 pairs for toddlers. Again, I use a pattern I have used since 1976. It is my fave slipper pattern. This pattern makes slippers for everyone from a preemie to, if I wanted to, a 7-foot tall basketball player. Because it requires 2 strands held together, it offers lots of color combo possibilities. 

Again, I am so grateful that I can do this. At my age, it’s not enough income to affect taxes much, if at all. Yes, it takes time. Yes, I probably ought to charge more per item - maybe I will start next year. But I can do it easily and I love it when I am doing it. I am far more fortunate and more blessed than someone else facing their unpaid bills and not knowing how to “find” the funds.
 

No comments: