Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tonight’s Super Moon



My friend/neighbor called me a half hour ago and suggested I run outside and look at the moon - the last Super Moon of this year.

I did - I couldn’t see it from the long metal ramp on the front porch side of the mobile home. I ended up walking off the porch, down the steps , and into the street. It was very low and very HUGE and very orange - I’ve never seen anything like it, at least not for many years. I can remember some, what we used to call “harvest moons” back in Philly, from when I was a kid. But when you’re a kid, everything is bigger.

I am so glad I walked out and looked - I wish I had a really great camera to do it justice, but the sight is something that my mind’s eye will remember for a long time to come anyway. This image is from Wikipedia.

No comments: