Thursday, September 11, 2014

Prayers for Most Immediate Problem Answered



In spite of all my other concerns, the biggest worry on my list has been the leaky water pipe inside my water heater closet. The hot water has been off since last Friday while I waited for my plumber to get the right pipe and the time to fix it. He has given me a rock bottom price (I know this from comparisons I got on this) and for this, I am already grateful.

The biggest worry here is that my 36-year-old mobile home still has old galvanized piping. We had to patch 10 feet a few months ago. This time, we were afraid that when he got under there to connect the new piece, we’d find even more major leakage. 

Thank God, literally, that there is nothing new and major. I have all the same problems under there, and it is only a matter of time before every inch eventually goes. But for now, this current patch will keep me going.

A side concern is that even this low price I’m paying him puts me in a new bind. I had to take money I need for bills later this month in order to do it. I’ll worry about it later.

That is then, and this is now.

Wow - I can have a hot shower tonight! And I don’t have to heat water on the stove to do the dishes - how great is that? Tomorrow would be a week - I have to admit that I was beginning to get just a teensy bit tired of playing that game.

I am a bit ashamed to admit I was beginning to have my doubts and to notice my faith weakening in strength.

Father, thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul for your miraculous help today. Bless this man abundantly for helping me so much and making my home safe once again, for now. One thing at a time; one day at a time. You always have my back.  

No comments: