Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lazy Yesterday But Not Feeling Guilty About It



I had all kinds of plans for what I should do yesterday. I just couldn’t get started no matter how hard I tried. I did manage to take advantage of 2 birthday freebies locally. A sub shop where I picked up a free medium sub, and Arby’s where I got a free shake.

Basically, I felt lazy and groggy. 

Considering how my eating patterns and choices have become much healthier and safer these past six months, part of it could have been due to the richness of that shake. I’m not used to them any longer.

Still, I felt guilty.

Then I realized that maybe the Lord wanted me to just stop and relax. I did. I did a lot of gentle thinking. And I realized, too, that maybe this was His birthday gift to me. I sat back and enjoyed the stress-free feeling.
 
Father, thank you with all my heart and soul and body for that wonderfully peaceful gift yesterday. I will not forget it.    

No comments: