Sunday, August 3, 2014

Belated Thank You for Prayers Answered



Technically, I’ve owed this Praise the Lord prayer since June 23. That’s when I had the patch-job done on the corroded and crusted old galvanized pipes under my 1978 mobile home.

Back then, I was told by three different contractors that I really needed the entire pipeline done and fast. From that moment on, I’ve half-expected a gusher under my home at any time. The first two weeks, I barely slept, worried at every sound.

I feel the diagnosis was correct for several reasons. First, I saw those pipes. Somehow, I got on my knees low enough to look under when they had the skirting off. Second, I had three different opinions. One was a costly, high-end legitimate commercial contractor. Another was a low-end in-the-community handyman. The third one was mid-way between those two.

Bottom line - the Lord has somehow kept me and my home and my pipes safe, for now, and free of a big mess. I can’t pretend I am not still worried. I can’t pretend I don’t cringe at any sound inside the home. But I am grateful for God’s protection so far.
 
Father, forgive my delay in thanking you for this blessing. You have done so much for me. Even when I forget to say so, I truly am grateful.  

No comments: