Thursday, July 17, 2014

Why Worries Worry Me Less Than They Do Others



I was thinking today. I’ve got a few worries on my plate - tie rods and brakes on the car; major plumbing under the mobile home; other financial thingies. Yet I am upright, I can get around (with my quad cane), I have food, and the Lord’s got my back. 

Yes, I wake suddenly during the night at a noise that makes me think the pipes burst, and yes, I am afraid to take the car further than 2 or 3 miles at a time for now. BUT, I am okay. In the grand scheme of things, eternity-wise, I am okay.

It’s some friends I worry about.

One friend lost both her mother and her son within a space of a couple of weeks. The family’s heads are still reeling from the suddenness of the losses. They do not know which end is up. I don’t know how they are coping with the heartache. But they do have an extraordinary bond of love in that family and I am grateful to the Lord for that.

Another friend finally moved her husband and herself to another apartment in upper New York. They are both sick. They are both in major pain. Half the time they can barely move. I am too far away to help, physically. So all I can do is pray for them.

Two more of my friends, both of whom love to crochet, are having a harder and harder time doing that. One has bumps in her hands, like hard little stones; the other’s shoulder is giving her a terrible time, arthritis-wise. I can only pray for them, as well.

Still another just had surgery and seems to be doing all right. But she’s had several joint-type surgeries, it seems to me, in the last year or two. For her, I can only pray for quick healing and perhaps a break between these health problems.

Yes, when I look at the lives of others, I am doing all right. With me, it’s merely time. God will work it out for me. He always does.
 
Father, I have so many friends and loved ones on my prayer list. And others might have dropped off but I know you are still aware of them and their needs. Please bless these folks with your love, your healing and all the gifts you can send their way to let them know how much you care for each and every one of your children.   

No comments: