Monday, December 30, 2013

Free Prayer Sunday - When I’ve Hurt Someone



There is no way to avoid hurting someone’s feelings, no matter how hard I try.  The easiest way to deal with it is to say “I’m sorry” as soon as possible. I wrote this prayer to help me find the courage to do that whenever the need arises.

This post is a day late, but heartfelt.

I'm marching through my self-published Busy Person's Prayer Book, front to back. This prayer is from the category, Hurting Others. Earlier, I posted prayers from the Work category (about jobs, layoffs, etc.) and prayers from the Helping Others (homeless, terminally ill, etc.) category.

When I’ve Hurt Someone
I think that I’ve hurt someone’s feelings
Or done them wrong somehow
Please send me the grace to say that I’m sorry
Please send it to me, now.

Please do not pass it around without giving credit to the author (me) and where it was published - a line like this will do:   by Evelyn Mayfield, in the Busy Person's Prayer Book. The book is available for download for less than $4.

I'll be posting the rest of the prayers in the Hurting Others category in the coming weeks:
The Urge to Complain
Judging Others
When Someone Baits Me

At the top of this page, simply click on Free Prayers what we've posted so far, or scroll down the right sidebar and click on that tag.  

No comments: