Sunday, December 22, 2013

Free Prayer Sunday - For the Terminally Ill



Many times, we're faced with feeling helpless when someone we know and/or love is terminally ill. I wrote this prayer to help me deal with those times. Because I used “us” and “we”, this covers both the person who is terminally ill and the people who will miss this person after the passing.

The hardest words for me to find when needed are words of consolation at that time. I faced my own end-time during Stage 3 colon cancer in 1999, and these words are the ones I’d hope my loved ones would say to help them get through the sadness.

I'm marching through my self-published Busy Person's Prayer Book, front to back. This prayer is from the category, Helping Others. Earlier, I posted 4 prayers from the Work category (about jobs, layoffs, etc.).

For the Terminally Ill
My heart aches because of the loss
That will be felt when this soul is gone
Please send us all the strength we need
To love, to mourn, to then move on.

Please do not pass it around without giving credit to the author (me) and where it was published - a line like this will do:   by Evelyn Mayfield, in the Busy Person's Prayer Book. The book is available for download for less than $4.

This ends the prayers in the Helping Others category. Next week, I'll begin the prayers in the category Hurting Others, which includes these prayers:

When I’ve Hurt Someone
The Urge to Complain
Judging Others
When Someone Baits Me

At the top of this page, simply click on Free Prayers what we've posted so far, or scroll down the right sidebar and click on that tag.  

No comments: