Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Lighthearted Approach to Heavy Worries


I've mentioned a lot, lately, how the Lord seems to provide exactly what we need, exactly when we need it. Often, the weak human in me wishes it were a little more so I won't keep worrying. But it still comes down to the fact that He comes through, all the time, just in time.

When I first began noticing this, a few years ago, I tried to develop a good attitude towards the waiting and worrying. However, I'm just a weak mortal and not knowing the future still worries me.

Finally, I started looking back at all those times. I began realizing how often it happened. I could see, in hindsight, what he had done for me or us, just when we needed it.

So, I have finally learned to even get a little fun out of it. There are times, for instance, when I'll lay out for the Lord exactly what I need, and how quickly I need it. That might be physical, medical, financial or spiritual help. It doesn't matter. Whatever it is, I'll lay it out. And then, I kinda smile and say to him, "Ok. I can't wait to see how you get me out of this one," or "Ok. I can't wait to see how you handle this." And then I try to go on to something else, knowing he has my back.

Lord Jesus, the Father provides for all our needs, whatever they may be. And you have told us that the way to him is through you. I know you are working on my needs even now. I have placed them in your hands. This should be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he knows what I need....I keep looking for it,,,,,,

Evelyn Mayfield said...

If you asked for something specific, it is a "want." He knows what we need and often we don't see it when he sends it to us. I love a quote I saw once from Jimmy Carter - something about how God always answers prayer. "Sometimes he says Yes. Sometimes he says No. And sometimes he says 'You've got to be kidding.'" There are times when I asked for something specific and felt disappointed when I didn't get exactly that. When I looked back, I realized I just needed to open my eyes and see what I had already received. I'll keep you in my prayers, my friend...