Tuesday, February 12, 2013

E-book Version of Busy Person's Prayer Book Now in my Etsy Shop


Well, I finally took the plunge and listed the .pdf "electronic" version of my Busy Person's Prayer Book in my Etsy shop. I've had the self-published paperback version in there for a while. The e-book is available from places like Amazon, I think, and Barnes & Noble, but I've always wanted to put it into my shop, as well.

The problem I had was that I needed to change 2 things in the file and I don't have the right software to poke into the .pdf version. I've decided to just cover that issue when folks buy it. The way it works, they buy on Etsy and include the email addy for receiving the file. I open the emailed order notice, set up an email to them in which I attach the file. At that point, in the email, I can simply place the 2 items of corrected copy. The only thing I need to change is my contact snail address. The .pdf still contains an old P.O. Box address and that is no longer valid. No big deal. This way, they'll still have my street address but it will be in the email and not in the file.

In the description for the Etsy listing, there will be a way to click on the Table of Contents so that folks can see the list of prayers before deciding whether to make the purchase. There will also be 4 sample prayers available for preview.

Anyhow, online the electronic versions are priced between $2.99 and $5.99 (the paperback is $9.99), so in my shop, it will be $3 - I do have to cover the Etsy fee and the PayPal fee, so that still takes care of things.

I haven't been this excited about the book for a long time. In fact, I hope to start another in the series, this Spring or sooner. I'm not sure which one to work on, out of these possibilities...

The Busy Business Owner’s Prayer Book
The Busy Single Person’s Prayer Book
The Busy Writer and Editor’s Prayer Book
The Busy Entrepreneur’s Prayer Book
The Busy Caregiver’s Prayer Book
The Busy Relationship Prayer Book
The Busy Person’s Prayer Book Vol. II

I will also start an unrelated book, Mary in Our Lives Today. I've always wanted to do a book showing how Mary, the mother of Jesus, is a great example for us even in our technology-ruled world today. I might work on them at the same time.

Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes on this, and saying a lot of prayers, as well.

No comments: