Monday, January 21, 2013

Feeling Especially Grateful These Days

I just now realized I have not posted to my Blog since December 30th. That's a long time, for me. What made me want to post tonight is that I've been feeling especially grateful this past week.

A close friend and neighbor is laid up for the next few months, until at least May, with a severely broken leg. He is in his late 60s and still works. In addition, he is a sweetheart of a man and spends most of his non-working time helping others as a handyman. He is a softie, as well, and most times, charges next to nothing for his help.

Two weekends ago, he was in a neighboring town, dealing with a faulty furnace for an 85-year-old lady, using her 8-foot aluminum stepladder. His 30-something son was helping but not with him, inside, at the moment of the accident. Somehow, the ladder broke and he fell. His leg was so broken it looked like rick-rack, going in a zig-zag pattern.

At present, he has already had two surgeries and is expected to have several more. The medical costs will be staggering, even with his VA help, because he was not injured at the Base and will still need to pay 20%. He is usually a very active man, and this is just about killing him. His wife is doing all she can to help but she is a little older than he is.

Anyhow, considering all of this, I feel very grateful these days, and am thanking God even more fervently than usual at night.

Father, thank you for blessing me with reasonably good health for my age, and please, please bless these friends of mine with patience, strength, and remarkably quick and easy healing, if it be in accordance with your holy will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful Thankful HEART!!! ♥♥♥