Sunday, August 19, 2012

Free Pattern - Crocheted Easy Peasy Dishcloth


I have been promising a free pattern for small afghans for almost two months but it might be another week or two. I ran out of yarn and I wanted to complete one for a photo for the pattern. Then my car's engine blew and I was dependent on others for rides. I did not want to waste the time of a generous soul for anything other than food or bill payments. Now that my car is back, it won't be long.

Meanwhile, here is a pattern for an Easy Peasy Dishcloth in crochet. There might be others out there which are close to mine, but this is one I worked up for myself, for my own preferences. See, I need a dishcloth that is flexible enough to get inside glasses and between the tines of a fork. Some really lovely dishcloths are more like hot pads. This one is a workhorse and a friendly one at that. It gets sudsy really quickly and is nice and big but not huge. I will be submitting it to Crochet Pattern Central this week, too, for their free pattern directory.

Oh, and if you find it messy or difficult to copy and paste from a blog page, just email me at emayfieldz (at) aol (dot) com and put "dishcloth pdf" in the subject like and I'll send a .pdf file back within 24 hours.

One more thing. I haven't had this one tested yet, so if you want to be aware of any changes, you might want to "follow" this post.
Have fun!
=====================
Easy Peasy Dishcloth

by Evelyn Mayfleld
(c)2012

This pattern makes a fluffy but durable and strong dishcloth. It is a loose weave but has lots of scrub-ability.

Materials: cotton worsted yarn, less than 2 oz
Hook: K
Finished size: 9.5" square
Gauge: 3 hdc = 1" 3 rows = 2"
Abbreviations and Stitches: ch (chain), hdc (half double crochet), BLO (back loop only)

Directions
Ch 30
Hdc in 3rd ch from hook, and in ea ch across, ch 2, turn
Work in pattern row for 15 more rows (16 rows altogether)

Pattern Row
Hdc in both loops of first hdc (ch 2 does not count as first stitch)
Hdc in BLO of ea hdc across to within next to last stitch
Hdc in both loops of last hdc, ch 2, turn

This makes a very lightweight cloth that is very easy to get into glasses and between fork tines.

Do NOT dry in hot dryer; air dry if possible, to prevent major shrinkage.  


No comments: