Saturday, May 19, 2012

Etsy and Pinterest - A Good Combo?


I'm curious as to whether any Etsy sellers have found a way to use Pinterest to bring attention to articles in their shops.

I posted a household tip yesterday on my blog and it somehow was almost immediately pinned on a Pinterest board and I noticed a flurry of page views for my blog post. I have been pinned on other Pinterest boards, too. For those of you who are clueless, as I was until a few months ago, here is a link to the boards where my items have been "pinned."

I really should do some browsing and also determine their guidelines, rules and restrictions. I should probably join them. I have the info and an invitation from a few months ago, but I was sidetracked. Maybe I should follow through. I just did a search on that Pinterest board page I linked to above. I entered Etsy in the box and found a ton of Etsy items listed. Now I need to do my homework and find out how and when it is acceptable to do this.

My interest is increasing because I'm aware that the more folks who see or browse my Etsy shop, the more who are likely to buy.

So, again, I wonder if any of you know whether Etsy shop items and Pinterest area possible good team.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea to your questions, but I did look at your Etsy shop, and I love the angel! My MIL makes coffee filter angels, and sells those. I like angels~ ♥♥♥

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Thank you for your kind words about my crocheted angels.

I've never seen coffee filter angels. They must be lovely. I'll keep your MIL in my prayers for lots of sales for those. Does she have an Etsy shop?