Saturday, April 7, 2012

Holy Saturday - Darkest Before Dawn


I've been thinking a lot about how we are not so different from Christ's disciples of 2,000 years ago. The day after his death, they must have been at their lowest, emotionally. They had given up everything - their family, friends, assets - everything, to follow their Lord. And they must have felt that they might never see "daylight" again.

Many times, we run into that here, today. Jobs are lost and the future looks bleak. Relationships are severed and life seems meaningless. There are so many ways our lives are like the lives of his followers so many years ago.

At those times, I must remember that I should follow their example. I might feel like hiding, as they did. I might feel that life will never be the same again.

But I must remember that with the dawn of Easter morning, their whole world, their faith, was renewed.

Jesus, please forgive me for the times when I am sure that there is no way out of a dilemma. Remind me that you are always with me, and that with every morning, comes the dawn and a new day and new opportunities.


No comments: