Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blind Faith


There's something to be said for a healthy level of blind faith in our lives. I don't think all of our faith should be blind. I want to know my Father, and his Son, and the Holy Spirit. I don't want to just trust blindly.

There are times I want the comfort of visualizing myself being held in his almighty arms. And times when I want to know Jesus enough to realize he knows firsthand what it's like to be on this earth with its trials and temptations.

But there are many times when I need to trust in the Lord completely and without holding back. These past weeks with our household problems, I have needed that blind faith often. Sometimes my fears and worries blocked even that from my soul, but not for long.

Faith, if one has it, can always be found in the background. It's in our hearts. It's in our souls. And blind faith is that which we rely on when we are so scared we cannot even think to pray.

Father, thank you for always being there to hold me up. When I am not sure of where to find you, remind me that you will always know where to find me.

No comments: