Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fifty Zillion Prayers a Day

Sometimes I feel like I've said fifty zillion prayers a day. Those are the days I really feel tuned in to the Lord. On days like that, which most recently was yesterday, I find that I am saying a quick prayer for almost every action I take.

I was running errands between 8am and 9am and had two hours of errands to cram into one hour's time. I had to get the car back in time for my nephew to use it for work. Traffic seemed especially crazy and unpredictable. Drivers were making very strange moves. I found myself saying, here and there, "Please take care of that driver, Lord, and get him safely to where he is going," and "Bless whoever laid out these road repair cones with some common sense, please, Lord" and "Lord, I am depending on you to get me back home in time, even though it looks like it's going to be a close call."

I love the days when I have enough sense and focus to speak to the Lord often. It makes up for all the days when I do not have that sense.

All too often, life truly gets in the way. I rush here and there, pushing ever forward, often going two steps forward and one step back. Those are the days I need his help more than ever. Wouldn't you think that on those days I'd remember that?

Father, I am grateful that I can come to you for every action in every day, but I pray that you will bless me with a clearer mind and soul so that I will come to you even more often than I do now.

No comments: