Saturday, January 28, 2012

DIY Valentine Projects - Woven Straw Hearts & Motifs

Small and simple as these are, I can easily see them used in many ways for your gift list. We posted earlier this month about Rena's origami heart corner bookmark and then I saw this and had to post this one, too. The link is here at TheCheeseThief.

Rena's tutorial is a video on YouTube and you'll have no trouble following the instructions.

In case you think these are too simple for gifts, she gives you an idea or two in her post as to how you might use them.

I'm also thinking they'd work as earrings (dangle or otherwise), key ring attachments for your guy, attachments to tie clips, magnets, and so much more. There's no limit to where these cuties will turn up.

So simple; so easy; so smart!

This is part of my series (1/15-2/14) of Valentine projects.

For other projects in this series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Valentine Projects." I will post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling lazy, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: