Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DIY Valentine Projects - Origami Heart Bookmark

I can't think of many men, women or children who wouldn't love a heart-shaped bookmark. Scared of origami? Well, this tutorial is completely visual. It's a step by step in video. Even I had no trouble following it because I could stop it, back it up, go forward, etc., etc., etc.

The video tutorial is here at this link, on TheCheeseThief. Rena does a wonderful job of showing just how to make the folds. There are no difficult diagrams.

Do NOT click on the "buttons" that say "Download." Those are for something else. Click on her video or scroll through the text and click on the link to her YouTube site.

By varying the colors of the papers you use, you can easily suit anyone on your list. These are cute enough and small enough to tuck into a card.

This corner bookmark DIY was found in one of my daily e-newsletters from CraftGossip.

This is part of my series (1/15-2/14) of Valentine projects.

For other projects in this series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Valentine Projects." I will post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling lazy, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: