Sunday, January 29, 2012

DIY Valentine Projects - Etched Shot Glasses for Your Guy(s)


These are really pretty easy to make and you can definitely customize them to fit your favorite guy's interests. I found these over at FaveCrafts, at this link. The tutorial is easy to follow.

If you can cut or use a stencil, the etching method is pretty easy these days. Today's products have taken all the "complicated" out of the process.

I can picture these with just hearts for love, or with hearts, spades, diamonds and clubs for the card loving man. Any sport can be represented, of course. Even his initials would work!

For the partying couple or household, these are really great. I wish I had seen these and included them in my Christmas DIY series, but hey, at least we found them!

I did a search to find out how much the etching products run online. The cream is less than $10 plus S&H and the other tools run $30 on up to $125. Obviously, financially-challenged as I am, I would take the low road and use a brush and the cream. I am grateful that the tutorial offered all those options so folks can choose from high-end, high-tech tools for etching, or low-budget stuff for those of us who are beginners at this craft. I found the cream at Etchworld, by the way.

This is part of my series (1/15-2/14) of Valentine projects.

For other projects in this series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Valentine Projects." I will post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling lazy, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: